Help Fido pawty like it’s his birthday with this adorable homemade Dog Birthday Cake! Made with only grain free and gluten free ingredients, this birthday cake for dogs is bursting with all the healthy goodness you expect from Vital Essentials. With minimal prep and no baking required, there’s no easier way to show your pup some love on their birthday, gotcha day or adoptaversary.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: Varies by dog size
- Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Patties Dog Food (thawed’ view measurements below for quantity)
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt (per Beef Patty)
- Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Minnows
- Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Topper
- Start by thawing as many Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Patties as you like. Remember to thaw them in the fridge, and feed within 4-5 days (depending on fridge temperature).
- Measure and scoop the non-fat plain yogurt onto each thawed Beef Patty, and spread along the top and sides to cover completely. If you’re using more than one patty, stack them to make a layered cake!
- Sprinkle some Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Topper (or Chicken or Turkey, if your pup prefers!) over top of the yogurt-covered patties.
- Take as many Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Minnows as you want and place them into the yogurt-covered patty to act as “candles.”
- Serve your masterpiece to the Birthday Pup and enjoy!
|12 pounds||1/4 patty|
|25 pounds||1/2 patty|
|50 pounds||1 patty|
|100 pounds||2 patties|