The ideal homemade ice cream for dogs is delicious, nutritious and easy to make. With only three simple ingredients — that are all healthy for your pup — this homemade dog ice cream is the best way to treat Fido to something cool and sweet this summer. Just one lick will have your dog begging for more!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours (includes waiting for the dog ice cream to freeze in the freezer)
Total time: 4 hours 5 minutes
Servings: 3 (for medium sized dogs)
- Ice Cream
- 1 cup plain pumpkin puree (no spices or flavorings)
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Chicken Breast Dog Treats
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, approximately 4 hours.
- Once frozen, place the frozen pumpkin puree into a food processor.
- Add ½ cup of non-fat plain yogurt and pulse until combined.
- Continue to add the remaining yogurt until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the ice cream into your dog’s bowl.
- Break up and sprinkle Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Chicken Breast Dog Treats over the top of the ice cream for a boost of protein and extra flavor.
- Serve this new favorite to your furry friend!