❄ 12 Days of Christmas–DAY 10 ❄
Winter has arrived and you know what that means… DRY SKIN! Just like humans, your dog’s paw pads dry out in the winter too. For our 10th day of 12 days of Christmas, Vital Essentials wants to give you a quick and easy recipe to save those paws with a homemade paw soother! Plus, this is a great gift to make for other pet parents!
How to Make Dog Paw Balm:
- 2 small glass jars with lids
- Large mason jar
- ¼ cup Shea Butter
- ¼ cup Beeswax pellets
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- ⅛ cup Olive Oil
- Dog-safe essential oil – lavender (optional)
- Fill a medium pot about half full with water and place on the stove.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the essential oil into the mason jar.
- Place the mason jar into the medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Stir occasionally until all contents have completely melted.
- Carefully, remove the jar from the pot and place it on a hot pad.
- Optional: Place 10 drops of lavender into the mason jar and stir.
- Pour the mixed contents into the jar.
- Allow the contents to cool in the room. (Allow it to solidify overnight)
- Rub the balm in your fingers and onto your furry pet’s paw pad.
Note: Makes about 5 ounces.
Vital Essentials is celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas every Tuesday through Thursday in December. Sign up for our email list to receive a Christmas bonus and you’ll also be entered into our $250 value Christmas Surprise Giveaway! Check back on our blog as we reveal new content each week and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to see our 12 Days of Christmas content.