Bacon, ham, ribs, pork chops…and more delicious varieties of pork are available for us to choose from, but what about cats? With so very few pork options currently available in the market for cats, some may wonder: Is pork cat food good for cats?
Benefits of Pork Cat Food
Pork is a novel, lean protein source, offering cats more options to try as their main diet and more variety to add to their regular food. As obligate carnivores, a diet rich in protein is critical to a long, healthy life.
Pork is great for cats with sensitive stomachs
- Pork is a healthy protein source for cats, often recommended for cats with food sensitivities. It is easily digestible and less likely to cause stomach issues.
- When cats experience food allergies to more common protein sources, pork is often recommended as an alternative.
- For cats that experience litter box problems like loose stools and constipation, pork may be recommended as a protein source to try.
Pork contains important nutrients for cats
- Pork contains thiamine, a vitamin crucial to cats’ diets because cats are unable to make thiamine efficiently on their own. Thiamine helps cats regulate their metabolism and a thiamine deficiency can cause serious health issues for cats.
- Pork is high in essential amino acids including taurine, a critical component to a carnivorous cat’s diet. Without enough taurine, cats may experience medical conditions such as an enlarged heart.
- Pork is a rich protein source, which provides the energy needed to fuel a cat’s daily adventures.
Introducing Vital Cat Pork Mini Nibs and Dinner Patties
At Vital Essentials, we’re always trying to think outside the box and come up with new and unique ways to ensure pets have access to a variety of quality protein sources that meet their needs. That’s why we’re so excited to introduce Pork to our Vital Cat line of raw freeze-dried cat food. Our pork cat food is available in Mini Nibs and Dinner Patties, featuring:
- Real pork as the #1 ingredient
- Certified gluten free and 100% grain free
- No fillers like wheat, corn or soy
- No artificial ingredients
- No rendered by-products
The proof is in the pork
Many people love eating pork themselves, so why not offer this delicious option to our cats? Whether you choose to use Pork cat food as your cat’s main diet, or if you just add it to their current food, there are so many benefits of adding a boost of raw nutrition to your cat’s diet with pure pork.
Other pet food brands use a dehydration or extrusion method to make their cat food, which can limit the nutritional value. Vital Cat, however, uses a slow, 48-hour freeze-drying process to lock in vital nutrients and the raw meat taste that cats love. You can feel confident knowing you’re choosing the very best for your cat with Vital Cat. Don’t take our word for it, though. Check out our Real Pet Stories to read hundreds of glowing reviews from happy pet parents who have found the perfect food for their furry family members. Head over to our website to pick up some pork for your kitty and be sure to sign up for our mailing list to get exclusive offers on your favorite dog and cat food, treats and snacks throughout the year.